Bristol Bowmen and
Golden Phoenix Archers
On 7 August 2010 all content beginning with the URI http://www.bristolanddisabledarchers.org.uk, except the
PDFs, conform to
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. Level AAA
- The technologies that this content 'uses but does not rely upon' are: Microsoft Word 2000,
Adobe Acrobat reader 7.0.
Note on PDFs
Until tested with a screen reader on 3 December 2010 we had believed the PDFs to be fully compliant as well,
- The PDFs in the competitions section are enhancements of the page text and each one contains a link back
into the page section that it is attached to. As such these PDFs can be classed as 'accessible'.
- The PDFs in the Policies page are not enhancements of page content. They have, however, been modified, so
they have the correct heading structures, are fully book marked, have been tagged to follow the document
structure and have the title, author and language set in the document properties. As such we hope that they
are accessible to screen reader users, but because we have no ability to test them with screen readers we
cannot claim them as accessible.
- All other PDFs have been removed from the site and replaced with Word documents, see also 'Additional Support',
[Back to top]
In addition to the international standards within this site we have:
- Corrected the IE6 problem of 'loose anchors', allowing people to navigate the site using the tab key.
- Provided a speech enabling software package called Browsealoud.
- Provided access keys. These have been tested to make sure that they do not interfere with other keyboard
- Provided a British Sign Language introductory video. This can be found on both the home page and within the
Community languages section.
- Made sure that all Word documents follow heading conventions to make them navigable by screen readers. Please
note, most of the one page forms only have one heading in them, ie the document name.
- Made sure that all our Word documents have no specified text and background colours and that the PDFs have no
specified background colours. This allows any colour settings in either your computer properties or
your PDF reader preferences to be fully effective. Please note it is only in the completed risk assessment PDFs
where there is any specified text colour, the column numbers are in red.
- Provided a white 'inverse' for every coloured horizontal line throughout the site. In all cases the white and
coloured lines abut.
Therefore if you are viewing the site with light text and dark background, you will still see a line. Please
note, with some background colours you will be able to see both the coloured and white lines simultaneously. (We
were hoping to allow the table grids in the stats section to pick up the page text colour. However we found that
if you do not specify a colour, IE7 and earlier, displays the grid in a very pale colour. We therefore took the
reluctant decision to specify the table grid colour. If your specific colour needs mean that you cannot see the
table grids, we suggest that you over-ride the specified colour. Instructions on how to do this can be found in
the Change page colours page.)
[Back to top]
If you find any part of this site does not meet your access needs, or you think we have made an error in
applying the international guidelines we want to hear from you. Please contact the Web master, Sheena
McCullagh either by email firstname.lastname@example.org
or by 'phone 0117 9494468 or 07974 694320 (mobile).
Anything you raise will be treated seriously and we will do our best to correct the issue. We want this site
to be 'accessible to all'.
[Back to top]
Created: 4 May 2007
Updated: 3 March 2012
© Bristol Bowmen and Golden Phoenix Archers